1. I just finished marking up and responding to six-one page letters from my pre-college English class. Two more will arrive over the weekend via snail mail. I marked up each one in Word then wrote a one page letter back to each of them. My head is pounding from the exercise. I can't even imagine what it is like to get 40 pages from an MFA candidate. God bless my VCFA professors. I can't believe how lucky I was to have each one of you.
2. This is the end of week one. Sixty three weeks to go. I'm so tired already. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, send me a private message.)
3. Rowed twice this week. No running, no biking, no swimming. Must figure this out. I need it to clear my head. Two new swimsuits arrived in the mail today though. Here's a picture of the suit for our "Angry Kitties" all girl (and allies) Triathlon group.
4. I had a pretty good week of writing. Not perfect but about three out of five days. One day was especially productive and lovely where all the ideas flowed easily. I'll try and make up for it this weekend.
5. Exciting things going on this weekend if you are an illustrator. First, Hazel Mitchel is meeting foks at the MOFGA Common Ground Fair in Unity Maine for a meet-up/sketch crawl. You can message her on Twitter @TheWackyBrit. The Massachusetts Independent Comic Expo is going on this weekend info here. And the Maine Illustrators' Collective meeting is Sunday the 25th. More info here.
About this blog:I am a children's writer & illustrator, an educator, a booking agent and SCBWI New England volunteer. I report on kidlitosphere news and events, review newly launched YA, MG, craft, and picture books, and post about the writer's life (women, work & family). Please subscribe, follow me on Twitter or Facebook and spread the word! Find my booking agent info at authorvisits.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Check Out Sporty Girl Books Blog
NESCBWI Faculty Badge
- about me agent art art shows authors awards ballet bike birthday blogging blogs bookclub book review wednesday books children's book industry conference diversity dog education election 2008 events family goals grants illustration illustrator day images jobs kids libraries lita judge literature lucy marketing Melanie Crowder member monday mfa middle grade minority issues in children's books MMPoetry2013 moving nanowrimo nature nescbwi new year new york picture book pictures poem in your pocket day poet laureate poetry poetry friday politics procrastination reading rejection retreat review revising revision scbwi summer teaching to-do travel triathlon twitter vacation vcfa vermont college vote wip writing writing coach young adult
One Lovely Blog
A Room of Her Own