1. The Adirondacks were beautiful. So many lakes and mountains and we had great weather. Favorite places. The Wild Center in Tupper Lake, (don’t miss the otters) as well as the Blue Jay camp ground there. My kids are just starting to be independent and campgrounds are a great place for that.
2. Lake George was over-developed, commercial, and quite tacky. That was a little disappointing, but if you’re looking for temporary tattoos or Simpson’s t-shirts, you’ve come to the right place.
3. Favorite moment, taking the kids white water rafting. E was scared through the first rapid and then laughed out loud on the next ones. I love watching them grow and experience new things.
4. New York State campgrounds were all clean and beautiful. The Sacandega River Campground was my favorite.
5. Family reunions mean family. Lot’s of it. Also, reunions mean lot’s of food. I’m sure I’ve gained weight. I have to teach aerobics tomorrow and wonder if I’m going to be able to get through the hour.
6. I’m really glad that my children are out of diapers and sleep through the night.
7. Let sleeping children sleep, let playing children play. It is so easy to overschedule a vacation. Relax and do nothing sometimes.
8. We visited the Wyoming County Fair in Pike, NY. The same agricultural fair that my husband showed cows at during his youth. Nothing has changed. I could tell he really enjoyed sharing that bit of his childhood with the kids.
9. Driving 12 hours in one day stinks.
10. Disappointing your child by not stopping in hotel when your hubby wants to drive all the way stinks too. Especially when they cry.
11. If you are a kiddo, ending up at Grandpa’s where there is a heated pool makes the long drive and no hotel a moot point. But not until you’ve had some sleep.
12. Having Grandpa tape the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance, made the drive okay for me.
13. Coming home to 140 emails, a pile of laundry, and fuzzy stuff in your frig is just part of the trip.
About this blog:I am a children's writer & illustrator, an educator, and the Regional Advisor of SCBWI Northern New England (ME, VT, NH). I report on kidlitosphere news and events, review newly launched YA, MG, craft, and picture books, and post about the writer's life (women, work, & family). Please subscribe, follow me on Twitter or Facebook and spread the word!
- Cover Reveal! (And Giveaway!) @SudiptaBQ wp.me/p126Z2-m7 via @wordpressdotcom 12 hours ago
- @Lori_A_Steel ah-ha! It was the pet dragon but I found it through the magic brush thank u!!! 19 hours ago
- @Lori_A_Steel thanks! The one I'm thinking of is just characters. Each with a one page spread that deconstructs the meaning 1 day ago
- #whatbookisit PB that uses story to build Japanese? Chinese? characters (calligraphy) 1 day ago
- @McNamaraMiriam Hooray! 1 day ago
GoodreadsNo data found
Tagsabout me agent art awards blogs book review wednesday books conference dog education events goals grants illustration images jobs kids literature marketing member monday mfa middle grade MMPoetry2013 moving nescbwi new york picture book poetry poetry friday politics reading rejection review revising scbwi to-do travel triathlon twitter vcfa vermont college vote wip writing writing coach
World Read Aloud Day
One Lovely Blog
A Room of Her Own